Prepare for SEO take off 🚀
Take the first step to ranking higher with our free SEO audit.
Get a complete overview of optimisation opportunities and uncover the actions you need to take to scale the SERPs.
- Animated graphics
- Photo slideshows
- Autocomplete suggestions
- Interactive forms
- Interactive maps
- Rollover and dropdown menus
- Playing audio & video
- Loading a page without the user doing anything
- Obtainability – Historically, bots were unable to crawl or index content that was dynamic as they could only see the HTML code. Nowadays, bots can crawl and index webpages, however, Google suggests that developers still use server-side rendering.
- Slow load time – As web pages need to be more dynamic, the number of features each page has increases as does the need to write more script. And the more that is on a page, the slower the page load time – not helpful when page load speed is attributable to SEO score.
You can do several things to help improve your crawlability, obtainability and load time. Here are a few suggestions:
- Help the search engine read your page – To help the search engine understand your page, you need to tell the crawler what your page is about. Using HTML, ensure the first response includes the title of the page, its metadata, and other data which is stored in the <head> of the page.
- Remove unused plugins on WordPress – You may use certain plug-ins to perform certain tasks on your website, however, make sure you remove any that are not in use. All the extra plug-ins take up memory (space) and can cause your website to slow down and have long load times.
If you enjoyed this article, then why not sign up for our newsletter where you will get monthly updates to your inbox on everything digital marketing related.